WHAT IS THIS NOTICE FOR?
This notice explains what we do with your personal data and the steps we take to keep it secure. It explains when and how we collect personal data, who we share it with, how we process it and what your rights are in respect of the personal data processing we carry out.
WHO IS THE GOLDEN LION?
As Wale’s leading gastro pub, The Golden Lion is committed to ensuring your time with us is…Our cask ales, services and gourmet food is… More information about all of our brands can be found on our home page
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice, we are referring to The Golden Lion Magor LTD. We are the data controller in respect of this website and the services described in this notice. Our Companies House registration number is 09250337.
WHEN DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We believe that a good customer experience means:
- Providing you with the products and services you want
- Giving you relevant information about our company, brands, products and special offers
- Keeping you safe whilst we entertain and serve you
To do these things well, we need to process some of your personal data. We do this whenever:
Knowing what interests our customers the most helps us build better products and services and accurately target our direct marketing and advertising campaigns. Therefore, we use profiling to help us find out as much as we can about what our customers like and expect from us.
Profiling involves comparing what we know about you with what we know about other customers and people with similar likes or interests. The personal data we use in our profiles includes:
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, address and postcode
- Purchase information, such as what you bought, how you paid and whether or not you took advantage of a discount
- Your likes and dislikes, such as what you drink, what you eat, whether or not you take advantage of special offers and whether or not you like what we post on our website and our social media pages
- Information about family events and special occasions, such as the dates of birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries
- Information about your visits to our pub, restaurant, and website, such as which ones you visit, when, how often and how long you stay for
- Information about your use of our services and whether or not you participate in our promotions, such as our email club, loyalty scheme (Lion Club) and any competitions you enter
- Information about how you respond to our marketing and advertising campaigns, such as whether or not you read our marketing messages, see our adverts on social media or take up any of our special offers
If we get our profiling right, you will enjoy our products and services more and more as we make improvements to them based on what we learn about you. And if you have signed up to receive direct marketing, you will get the special offers that we think will most appeal to you.
Profiling helps us to improve our business and customise what and how we communicate to you. However we don’t profile people who don’t want to be profiled – so if you don’t want us to use your personal data for these purposes, tell us and we won’t.
If you buy a voucher, we will ask for your name, address, telephone number and email address, so that we can activate your gift card and send it to you. We will ask for the same information about the voucher recipient if you want us to send it directly to them.
We will ask for the same information if you want to join one of our Lion Club. We use this information to enrol you and to provide confirmation of your membership.
We also use this information to learn more about what our customers like and dislike, work out what changes we can make to improve our business and to target our direct marketing. See the profiling section above for more details.
We use CCTV to help keep our guests and staff safe, so your image may be recorded when you visit us. We display signs at our venues to tell you when CCTV is being used. If no incidents take place, the CCTV images will not be looked at before they are deleted. However, if an incident occurs, we will review the CCTV images to see if they contain footage that relates to the incident.
We don’t ban people from our venue unless it’s absolutely necessary to do so. Sometimes we have to impose a ban after serious anti-social, dangerous or criminal behaviour has taken place. If you are banned from our venue or from any other venues that are members of a local Pubwatch scheme, we will use your name, photos of you and any other personal data that we need to identify you and which we can use lawfully, to enable our staff to record and enforce the ban and to let other Pubwatch members know about it.
If you need to provide us with information about other people, please ask them to read this notice before you do so.
We don’t keep your personal data for any longer than we need it. See our retention periods for more details.
Sometimes we need to share your personal data with other parts of our group of companies or with other organisations that help us provide our products and services to you. We will never sell your personal data and we do not allow these organisations to use your personal data for anything that’s not described in this notice. We might also need to share your personal data to uphold your rights, our rights or the rights of other people and we may need to share your personal data to meet some of our legal obligations.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
If you want to opt out of direct marketing
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions in the last marketing message you received
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to discuss how we use your personal data
- Write to us at FAO The Manager – Guest Relations, The Golden Lion Magor, The Square, Magor, Monmouthshire, NP26 3HY
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call us on 01633 880312
If you want to contact our Data Protection Officer
- Write to us at FAO Data Protection Officer – The Golden Lion Magor, The Square, Magor, Monmouthshire, NP26 3HY
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 07462 952 049
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE